The picture gallery, the foundation of which was laid as early as 1835, contains almost one thousand five hundred paintings. The most valuable part is displayed in the corridors of the ambit on the first floor of the monastery building. The two hundred paintings represent a part of the collection from different periods, from the 14th century to the 19th century. The installation is organised chronologically, commemorating the original presentation of the collection in one of the halls of the convent building.
The collection is divided into several sections:
- Painting and sculpture 1300 - 1500 (the Strahov Madonna from 1340, Master of the Madonna of Vyšší Brod, Master of the Litoměřice Altarpiece, Master of the Čáslav Board, Master IW...)
- Rudolfine painting (B. Spranger, H. von Aachen, J. Heintz st., D. de Q. Ravesteyn...)
- Flemish painting (J. Mostaert, F. Francken II., G. v. Valckenborch, A. van Dyck, A. Adriaenssen...)
- Italian painting (L. Cambiaso, S. Ricci, P. Batoni...)
- 17th - 19th century Central European painting (J. K. Loth, J. K. Liška, M. V. Halbax, P. Brandl, V. V. Reiner, F. M. Purgau, J. G. Beitler, K. J. Hirschely, A. Kern, N. Grund, F. K. Palko, F. A. Maulbertsch, F. X. Procházka...)